Programme (CET times)
Talkshow - Energy & Cooling
Our host Lars Sørensen will receive a number of guests in the studio (some will dial-in) to discuss what’s new in data center Energy, Cooling & Sustainability, Segments:
- Data Centre Market Outlook from a Nordic perspective; latest research on future capacity requirements. Part 2: Denmark | Lovisa Hagelberg, Business Development Director CBRE
- Decarbonisation of Data Centers through Open Source Innovations |
- John Laban, Evangelist OCP Foundation
- The Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact: how to make Data Centers carbon neutral by 2030 |
John Booth, Managing Director Carbon3IT
- Renewable Energy in the Datacenter |
- Ali Moinuddin, Managing Director Uptime Institute
- Customers are turning their attention once more and with renewed vigour to climate change. Datacenter operators will therefore have to start seriously considering sustainability as a whole and specifically their Renewable energy policies and strategies to avoid falling foul of customer dissatisfaction and upcoming legislation, but those decisions still need to have an eye on building and maintaining resilient Datacenter. Ali Moinuddin, Managing Director Europe, will discuss the trends Uptime Institute Intelligence sees in this area for 2021 and beyond and what considerations needs to be made.
- WEDISTRICT: Powering urban edge data centers on biogas with direct heat recovery |
- Jon Summers - Scientific Leader in Data Centers, RISE
Thought Leadership Talk
Why Energy Management is critical to 5G Success
Jon Abbott, Telecom Strategic Clients Director at Vertiv
Even though 5G networks are up to 90% more efficient than their 4G predecessors, they still require far more energy due to increased network density, heavy reliance on IT systems, and increased network use and accelerated traffic growth.
How can telecommunications operators address these challenges?
Vertiv’s expert, Jon Abbott, Telecom Strategic Clients Director at Vertiv, will further elaborate on this topic during the Thought Leadership Talk at Datacenter Forum’s online event on Energy on April 8th, 2021.
He will talk about the challenges that today’s telcos are facing and outlines several best practices aimed at mitigating increasing energy consumption, emissions, and costs.
Moderated Q&A where participants can ask questions to talkshow guests and the thought leaders in the Leadership talks
Participants, talkshow guests and thought leaders can network on our online event platform; one-on-one (video)chats or small groups. Our moderator will help you find your way.